Inspiration in Music

Back to Article
Back to Article

Inspiration in Music

Sophomore Rebekah Fillmore listens to Simple by Florida Georgia Line.

Tabatha Bunger and Isabella Pierce

Reality becomes lost, thoughts disappear, and all is gone when the tempo begins. Inspiration is something that is found in many ways.

Music has been around as long as man, throughout the ages people have bask in the happiness of creating music, singing songs, and dancing along to sounds. What is it about music that inspires us every day.

Music makes us move, it is almost hypnotic, the power it has over ones body. It manages to make people’s bodies move to sound. Nothing is more amazing than listening to good music and dance like nobody’s watching.

Something as simple as a bird song in the morning can inspire someone to get out of bed. Classical music can inspire people do homework and study.

We asked a few of the GCDHS members about the music that inspires them. History teacher Robert Stephenson stated his go to song is Deacon Blues by Steely Dan. Stephenson first heard this song in the 70’s. He was listening to a really fantastic F.M. stereo channel. Stephenson likes the lyrics because of the way it is put together. He has been to two concerts and he is glad he went.

“It makes you feel something internally,” said Stephenson

To Sophomore Rebekah Fillmore music inspires her to be happy. Her favorite song is Simple by Florida Georgia Line. This song reminds her to stay stress free. Fillmore first heard this song on her way to Sidney MT.
Freshman William Phipps favorite song is Back in Black. His favorite parts of this song is the guitar and drums. Phipps enjoys this song because it has given him his taste in music. He first hears this song from his aunt. Will is inspired to listen to more music of this genre.

“Music inspires me to help remind others to be happy and not stress of little things,” said Fillmore.

Music plays with your heartstrings. Some forms of music are truly inspirational and touching due to the powerful words and meanings behind the lyrics. Good lyrics can create a story, which can spark an array of  emotions for the listener. The song could be about love, loss, or the hardships of life. There will always be at least one person in the world who can connect to [music] on a personal level, which can consequently inspire the person.

It transforms surroundings and time. Life is all about creating new experiences and making memories. Every time someone listens to a new band, song, or artist they are expanding their understanding and perception of the world. New or unusual music can transport them to a different mental state. Music can inspire in many ways.