Ready…Set…GO!

Kids and adults gather at the starting line. Color fills the sky descending on the gathered crowd and drifts to the asphalt…Ready. Set. Go!
On Saturday, August 18, at 8:00 A.M. Student Council held their second annual color run at GCDHS. Over 60 students, staff, and parents participated and donated to the 5K run which raised money for student council and the Kortni South Scholarship. Many people purchased white Jordan Mustang t-shirts that were available for purchase at the school that morning. The cost of admission and a t-shirt was $12, which helped Student Council raise over $500 for the cause.

It was no surprise when Donovan Fillmore, the two time champion of the color run, ran four laps instead of the required three to complete the 5k. Fillmore stated, “I like to do the color run because it’s really fun and donates money to a good cause. I also really like to run and win.”

First year advisor of student council, Mrs. Stephanie Edwards, and her husband, Loren Edwards, directed the run with the help of the executive Student Council members. According to Mrs. Edwards, “The Color Run was a great success. We made money for Student Council and the Scholarship. Everyone seemed to have a great time, too!”