• Nov 15, 3:27 pmMustang Football Plays For State 6-Man Title This Saturday 1:00PM against Wibaux in Wibaux!

Staying Fresh on the Court

Nike+Jordan+1%27s+hitting+up+the+weight+room%2C+while+being+in+trend.+
Nike Jordan 1's hitting up the weight room, while being in trend.

Tierney Phipps

Tierney Phipps

Tierney Phipps, Dalton Bliss, Staying Fresh on The Court

Tierney Phipps
Nike Jordan 1’s hitting up the weight room, while being in trend.

Nike, Under Armour, Adidas, Jordans, Reebok, and Puma all popular brands for staying fresh on the court. Retro, popular, newer styles. There’s  always something or someone that influences the way we choose to dress like. Especially celebrities who play like all stars such as Michael Jordan, Lebron James, Stephen Curry, and or Kyrie Irving.

“Probably because Lebron James’ came out and everybody buys and wears them. Basketball players usually wear what’s new like Curry’s or Kyrie’s,” said Edward Murnion a student, football and basketball player at GCDHS. Everybody has one person they go off of, whether a professional or someone they look up to. Whom they copy their clothes and the way they act.

“Absolutely, celebrity images they see from hair to shoes and just all of it. In grade school it used to be short shorts for basketball and they have drastically changed from then. Another thing like shoes changed from high tops to low tops to high tops again. The biggest trend I’ve seen at girl athletic camps are strappy sport underclothing and off center high buns,” Beth Lawrence said, a teacher and volleyball coach at GCDHS. Celebrities are all over the internet or on magazines and the fashion changes all the time and it influences so many people.

“Long sleeved volleyball jerseys,’’ said Shelby Colvin student and a basketball and volleyball player at GCDHS when asked what she thought was a great trend. When volleyball players wear long sleeves they don’t hurt their arms as often when they dive or when they hit the ball over the net.

“Wearing skins for basketball always makes you look good no matter who you are,” says freshman Brenna Murnion,  a three sport playing athlete. Skins are for leg warmth and sweat control while on the court. Numerous pro’s wear them in the NCAA and NBA.

What’s always in style? “A uniform that incorporates a popular brand, and is clean and crisp,” says Katie Shawver, GCDHS School Counselor.

About the Photographer
Tierney Phipps, reporter

Tierney Phipps a Junior at GCDHS highschool. She likes being outdoors, playing sports and hanging out with friends.