• Nov 15, 3:27 pmMustang Football Plays For State 6-Man Title This Saturday 1:00PM against Wibaux in Wibaux!

Pet of The Week

If the kindest souls were rewarded with the longest lives, dogs would outlive us all.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Pet of The Week

Doug and PeeWee

Doug and PeeWee

Doug and PeeWee

Doug and PeeWee

Tori Murnion, Reporter

Douglas Murnion and his dog Cinch were drawn for high school Pet of The Week. Cinch is known by many names, such as PeeWee, Herm, Grinch, or anything really. From all his nicknames, he mainly goes by PeeWee. Doug’s family got PeeWee from a lady in Miles City, Montana, when he was six weeks old. PeeWee is a Miniature Australian Shepherd. He loves to lay on the couch all snuggled up with his head on a pillow. PeeWee lives inside but loves the great outdoors.Doug’s favorite things to do with PeeWee are play fetch and explore outside. Once this summer, PeeWee, Doug, Tori, and their mom, Carla were at a boggy creek. PeeWee went out on an adventure and started sinking in the mud. No one could reach him because he was in the middle of the creek. It was very scary, but PeeWee got out. Another time, Doug and PeeWee were on a tall ridge and PeeWee got distracted. He spun around really fast and almost fell of a huge cliff. Luckily he got away again. PeeWee is very smart, he puts certain toys into different piles and patrols the perimeter of his yard. He also knows how to get his way. PeeWee likes many treats, but his favorite is a dreambone. He will go up to Doug, then sit, lay down, and roll over for a treat. Once he does, he will run into the living room and run four circles before he eats it. PeeWee also enjoys cheese, steak bones, pancakes, and Dairy Queen doggie dishes. PeeWee got his original name, Cinch, by Doug’s sister Tori. All of Doug’s family started calling him “PeeWee” as a nickname and it stuck. PeeWee loves going out to the family ranch to play with all the other dogs. A special thing about PeeWee is that he is a friend to all animals. He loves to play with cats and chase rabbits. Even though he is too slow to catch any rabbits, it all about the chase anyway. PeeWee is quite the character and is loved very much.

“He’s intelligent, funny, playful,and he’s my best friend.”

About the Writer
Tori Murnion, Reporter

Tori Murnion is a freshman at GCDHS. Tori participates in volleyball and basketball. She also takes horses, cattle, sheep, and a cake to the Garfield County...