• Nov 15, 3:27 pmMustang Football Plays For State 6-Man Title This Saturday 1:00PM against Wibaux in Wibaux!

District FCCLA

Lacey Lawrence, Reporter, Business manager

On October 31, the Jordan FCCLA chapter traveled to Glendive for their annual District 5 meeting. There are nine towns in total in the District 5 FCCLA, but only eight attended as Sidney could not. The other towns who also attended: Terry, Plevna, Glendive, Ekalaka, Wibaux, Fairview, and Baker. It was an early morning when the group boarded the bus at 6 A.M.; little did they know the bus trouble that awaited them. They were about three miles out of town when the bus began to cut out; they quickly turned around and had to go back to town to get on a new bus. Finally they were on their way and the group arrived at Dawson Community College around 8:30 A.M. to begin a full morning of workshops and round tables. The five stations included traffic safety, star event planning, parliamentary procedure, knowledge bowl, and a college tour. Lacey Lawrence had to present her project that qualified her for nationals last summer to other FCCLA members to give them some information on how she got there and what she did. At this meeting there was a senior recognition portion and Macy Fogle had the honor of walking across the stage as being a member of FCCLA for four years with this year being her last.
After the morning session and lunch there was the business meeting portion of the session. They started off talking about Nationals last year as Macy Fogle and Lacey Lawrence told the crowd about all their experiences and hard work that they put into the FCCLA nationals. Then came the coronation in the auditorium. This coronation was to introduce the new officers for District 5 to serve this upcoming year. Junior Faye Stanton and Sophomore Tabatha Bunger ran for an office position. To be qualified for a position you have to take a test on FCCLA knowledge and answer a series of questions on the stage in front of everyone, then each school voted on who’d they like to represent District 5. Faye was elected second vice president which is a huge honor, and Tabatha was selected to be the secretary this year. Congratulations to both girls on their accomplishments!

About the Writer
Lacey Lawrence, Business Manager, Reporter

Lacey Lawrence is a freshman at GCDHS. She is involved in many extracurriculars such as basketball, volleyball, rodeo, Academic Olympics,  is the vice...