• Nov 15, 3:27 pmMustang Football Plays For State 6-Man Title This Saturday 1:00PM against Wibaux in Wibaux!

Does the Vehicle you Drive Define Who you Are?

Senior+Macy+Fogle+with+her+2003+Chevrolet+Avalanche+
Senior Macy Fogle with her 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche

Dalton Bliss, Reporter

In this fast-paced world, maintaining your image and leaving good impressions on other people matters a lot. The way you socialize, talk, and walk, everything tells something about you. Your choice of accessories, friends and even clothes can reflect small details of your personality. Even your choice of cars can open up some important details to the public.
Certain types of vehicles certainly appeal to certain demographics. First and foremost, functionality. Vehicles are a tool, therefore, the type of tool chosen depends on the trade. Agricultural areas depend on four-wheel drive as well as towing capabilities, whereas, city dwellers may look towards gas mileage, as well as smaller profiles, built for crowded streets and limited parking areas.
Practicality aside, full-size and compact trucks usually tell people that you are interested in power and control. Hybrids show off character and style, while compact cars tell people about your need to flaunt character, economy, practicality, and rationality.
While many people think of a vehicle as a simple mode of transportation, other people share a lot of things in common with the car they drive. It doesn’t matter whether you purchase a Beetle or a 1979 Camaro, a pickup truck or a big minivan, the vehicle you choose will sometimes state a lot about you as a person. In fact, your vehicle depending on the person is a reflection of who you are. The high school parking lot has a variety of different vehicles that vary in color, brand, shape, and size. “In high school having a vehicle that is considered “cool” can be remembered but the vehicles here do not define who you are.” stated senior Macy Fogle.
“I do think people care about what you drive, but I don’t think it defines who you are, it might describe what stage of life you are in. Mainly because you don’t see mothers driving anything more fancier than a suburban around here. And usually you have most high school kids driving a cheaper car.” stated Mrs. Hoverson a GCDHS teacher who drives a 2015 Chevy pickup.
Well, if you have been to a dealership before to purchase a vehicle, you might have heard the dealer or salesperson telling you a car is “really you.” What makes the dealer say that? While many may argue it’s a sales pitch, the dealer actually means it. It is from these people where you often get a good idea about how your vehicle defines your personality. Trendy? Tough? Spacious? Affordable? Efficient?
In some circumstances, it can be the type of vehicle that matches your personality and sometimes it can simply be the style the vehicle gives off. “I think that only if it is really expensive do people care about what you drive,” said Mrs. Hoverson. “I don’t like what I drive , and I also don’t think it defines who I am.” said senior Macy Fogle an owner of a 2003 Chevy Avalanche.

About the Writer
Dalton Bliss, Reporter

Dalton Bliss is a sophomore at GCDHS. He loves playing basketball and plays football. He is active in both BPA and Student Council. He is an avid hunter...