Friday of Homecoming 2018

Dalton Bliss, Reporter

Friday of homecoming was a fun filled day for everyone in and out of school, from the pep rallies, the floats, and the football games. The morning started with students walking through the doors of GCDHS decked out in orange and black gear, as it was orange and black day for spirit week. The day started off with Student Council painting hair and faces and selling some other items such as: sunglasses, light up mouthguards, beads, and face jewels in the Kindergarten room from 8:15 – about 11:30. Then at around 12:30 the annual homecoming pep rally was held in the big gym. As the band started us off with the school song led by band director Gina Fitzgerald. Then the student council led the whole school in a couple cheers before starting the first game. Then it was time for the football boys to have their team talk, with head coach Brian Bills and assistant coach Wyatt Colvin. As student council was about to explain another game the volleyball girls busted out onto the court with some newly learned dance moves. They danced to the song Footloose, afterwards head coach Beth Lawrence and her volleyball girls had their talk thanking everyone for all the support and how far along these girls have come. One more game was played and then it was finally time for Mrs. Angie Murnion and Mr. Stephenson to kiss their pigs. As the pigs squealed from the people trying to kiss them the crowd was laughing and cheering loudly. Finally, the session ended with cheers at 1:15, dismissing everyone to get their float ready for the parade at two. The parade had started with Edward and Brooke Murnion holding the American and Montana flag at the front, followed by all the class floats, the Cenex float, and the junior high and bike riders. It was time for everyone to get their cheer voices ready as the football boys were taking on the Bainville, Bulldogs junior high starting at 4:30 and Varsity at 7:00. The junior high boys defeating the Bulldogs. As the football boys were ahead by three touchdowns at half time it was time for homecoming royalty and float winners to be announced. Although all the floats were pretty good this year, the Freshmen’s float had won. The royalty had consisted of the Freshman royalty Grace McDonald and Ryan Reynolds, Sophomore royalty DJ Murnion and Ava Kreider, Junior royalty Douglas Murnion and Shelby Colvin, Senior royalty Macy Fogle (queen), Kaiden Thomas (king), Trevor Tweeten, and Johnny Johnson. After halftime break was over the game started back up with the mustangs staying in the lead with a final score of 77 to 32.